Chess Club meets every Friday lunchtime. The club has been meeting for approximately 2 years and we still have a founder member coming along to chess club today!
Here are some comments about Chess Club from the children who attend and play.
- It’s fun and it makes you smarter.
- It’s easy to get started and you learn more as you go along.
- Chess is fun and challenging, it uses your brain.
- I come to chess club because it’s a place where I can clam down and relax a bit.
- It’s a calm place and it’s a strategic game, you learn lots of strategy as you play.
We had someone trying chess for the first time today who said “I’m trying it today and so far it’s really good. I will come back”
We also have someone who said “I’ve been coming since chess club started and it’s good.”
Take a look at Chess Club in action here in our gallery.