At Southwark Park Primary School we aim to establish a sporting culture that enables and encourages all children to play and enjoy sport. We have established a number of after-school clubs for our pupils offering a wide variety of sporting opportunities for our children. We enter numerous school sport competitions to allow children to be competitive and are constantly developing our PE programme.
We aim to:
1. Improve the quality of the school P.E. programme by:
2. Establish an extra-curricular multi-sport club to develop children’s skills and involvement in sport.
3. Provide additional training and coaching for children in school teams to develop their skills as part of our gifted and talented offer.
4. Enter teams into a wide range of school sport competitions.
5. Create inter-school sport competitions to provide further competitive opportunities for children.
6. Deliver an exciting and memorable sports day.
7. Link a sports event with a charity scheme to support the wider world.
What is the Sports Premium?
The primary P.E. and Sport Premium is paid to the school by the government to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of P.E., sport and physical health for the benefit of primary-aged pupils. The money is ring-fenced so can only be spent as directed by the Department of Education.
Measuring the Impact
We will look at how well we use our Sport Premium to improve the quality and breadth of P.E., sport and physical activity so that pupils develop healthy lifestyles, set their own goals and reach performance levels they are capable of. All of our after-school clubs include Pupil Premium and SEND children.
We will also evaluate the impact of professional development opportunities in improving teaching and learning in P.E. through our association with The P.E. School Sports Network and Millwall Community Trust. Our association with PESSN, and the professional development they offer, has allowed us to be more thorough in our assessments of pupils. We use the Create Development Wheel as a self-evaluation tool. We aim for all pupils to have a clear idea of where they are with their P.E. learning, their level of physical activity and what they need to do to make progress. We firmly believe that healthy bodies make health minds.
Take a look at what some of our pupils have to say about after school clubs here
Year 6 Swimming